- Listen to Guru Gede’s family journey and how he meditates to his ancestors for inspiration and cleansing
- Learn the steps it takes to prepare a piece of jewelry from the raw silver that comes from Kalimantan Island to the finished product
- Design your own earring set or ring
- Practice silversmith methods with traditional hand tools
Guru silver jewelry maker Gede Pande comes from a long lineage of jewelers in Indonesia. Four generations ago, his great-grandfather was sent over to Bali to start the Silver Jewelry settlement in the capital city Singaraja (“Lion King”) to make gold and silver jewelry for the royal family. His family soon grew and spread to Pemuteran where the Temple for Silver is located high on a hill top overlooking the tourquise waters and the famous scuba diving island of Menjagan. Now located in Ubud, the capital of Balinese Arts and Culture, Gede, during his morning meditations, receives instruction and guidance from his ancestors who provide him with the inspiration and methods of how to use the silversmith tools. “It’s in my blood, this is not a business, I clear my mind and receive what I’m supposed to do.”
- Meet in Ubud central in front of the Ubud Palace across from the Tourist Information Center.
- Flexible time during the day. Advance bookings required.
- TIME : approx. 3 hours
- PRICE : $25/person