Guide: Widya Harsanawww.widyabatik.baliklik.com
Born south of Yogyakarta in the middle of Java, Widya Harsana realized his passion for art at an early age, and learned batik in a Javanese factory when he was a teenager. In 1987, he moved to Bali and began batik workshops for locals and tourists, just off of Monkey Forest Road in Ubud with Kus Kus. As his talent and reputation grew, he became an instructor at Bali International School in Sanur.
Today, Widya creates magnificent works and teaches out of a studio in his family’s village in Tegallantang, north of Ubud. His batik can sometimes be found in local galleries and shops, his students range from children, locals and tourists from all around the world, young and old, all with a curiosity about this unique art form.
Would you like to try?
- Pick-up at your hotel or guesthouse in Ubud
- Study with Widya the art of traditional Indonesian batik
- Design your own scarf or wall hanging to take home (come with a design or use designs provided)
- Duration: 4-6hours / refreshments included. Bring your own pack-lunch
- All materials are provided